This programme is designed to progress and excel learners who work, or want to work in senior management, consultancy, integration or infrastructure design roles within the ICT and Telecommunications sector.
In this hands-on training programme, you will undertake a City & Guilds Level 4 Diploma for IT Professionals (Systems and Principles). Within the Level 4 Diploma you will also study vendor specializations embedded into various units.
You will specialise in defending and protecting computer networks from internal and external attacks. You will learn practical skills and knowledge in two leading enterprise grade firewalls, alongside advanced networking skills.
The course requires you to undertake the Cisco CCNP, and CCNA level knowledge is a perquisite. If you do not have the CCNA, or relevant work experience you will need to attend a CCNA class in addition.
This programme provides opportunities for research, analysis and original thought, helping learners to develop higher level skills for entry into Higher Education.
Upon successful completion of the Diploma, you will be able to sit vendor examinations.
- Project Management and consultancy skills
- Effective communication in business
- Systems design and development
- Personal and professional development
- Vendor specialization embedded into awarding body units:
- Cisco CCNP
- Cisco ASA Firewall (Deploying)
- Prince 2 or ITIL (Foundation)
- Checkpoint Firewall R75 Administration
|City & Guilds||Level 4 Diploma for ICT Professionals – Systems and Principles|
|Plus 5 Vendor Certifications – Embedded within above Diploma;|
|642-902||Cisco CCNP – Route|
|642-813||Cisco CCNP – Switch|
|642-832||Cisco CCNP – TShoot|
|642-618||Deploying Cisco ASA Firewall Solutions (FIREWALL)|
|156-215.75||Checkpoint CCSA – Security Administrator R75|
|Plus one from the below;|
|P2 – F||Prince 2 Foundation|
>One to One Support
>Practical hands-on lab facilities
>Flexible part-time classroom delivery (Day / Eve / Weekends)
- Senior Technical Support Engineer
- Virtualisation Consultant
- Private / Public Cloud Deployment Specialist
- VMware Infrastructure Administrator
- Citrix Application Virtualisation Administrator
- Microsoft Hyper-V Cloud Administrator
- Checkpoint CCSE
- Cisco CCIE – R&S / Security
- EC-Council – Certified Ethical Hacker
- Prince 2 / ITIL – Practitioner
- Higher Education
- Systems administration experience on Computer Networks, Windows, Linux, SME firewall deployment and configuration or;
- Level 3 Advanced Diploma or equivalent in ICT Systems Support
- Initial Assessment will be taken on enrolment
Monthly In-take – Classroom Based
Cost – £5,412 £4,900
8 – 12 Months – Part Time (Day, Evenings or Weekends)
This course may be funded through Advanced Learner Loans* – click here for more details
Additional support may be available for Travel / Childcare support subject to application approval.
*eligibility criteria applies