This programme is designed to progress and excel learners who work, or want to work in senior management, consultancy, integration or infrastructure design roles within the ICT and Telecommunications sector.
In this hands-on training programme, you will undertake a City & Guilds Level 4 Diploma for IT Professionals (Systems and Principles). Within the Level 4 Diploma you will also study vendor specializations embedded into various units.
You will specialise in Windows and Network Infrastructure architecture and deployment.
This programme will ensure you have the practical skills and knowledge to deploy both a Windows Server 2012 and a Cisco/Juniper based physical network infrastructure.
The course requires you to undertake the Cisco CCNP, and CCNA level knowledge is a prerequisite. If you do not have the CCNA, or relevant work experience you will need to attend a CCNA class in addition.
This programme provides opportunities for research, analysis and original thought, helping learners to develop higher level skills for entry into Higher Education.
Upon successful completion of the Diploma, you will be able to sit vendor examinations.
- Project Management and consultancy skills
- Effective communication in business
- Systems design and development
- Personal and professional development
- Vendor specialization embedded into awarding body units;
- Cisco CCNP
- Microsoft MCSA: Windows Server 2012
- Prince 2 or ITIL (Foundation)
- Juniper JNCIA – Junos
|City & Guilds||Level 4 Diploma for ICT Professionals – Systems and Principles|
|Plus 7 Vendor Certifications – Embedded within above Diploma;|
|642-902||Cisco CCNP – Route|
|642-813||Cisco CCNP – Switch|
|642-832||Cisco CCNP – TShoot|
|70-410||Microsoft MCSA 2012: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012|
|70-411||Microsoft MCSA 2012: Administering Windows Server 2012|
|70-412||Microsoft MCSA 2012: Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services|
|JN0-101||Juniper JNCIA – Junos|
|Plus one from the below;|
|P2 – F||Prince 2 Foundation|
>One to One Support
>Practical hands-on lab facilities
>Flexible part-time classroom delivery (Day / Eve / Weekends)
- Senior Technical Support Engineer
- Virtualisation Consultant
- Private / Public Cloud Deployment Specialist
- VMware Infrastructure Administrator
- Citrix Application Virtualisation Administrator
- Microsoft Hyper-V Cloud Administrator
- Microsoft MCSE: Server Infrastructure 2012
- Cisco CCIE – R&S
- Juniper JNCIA – ENT
- Prince 2 / ITIL – Practitioner
- Systems administration experience on Computer Networks, Windows, Linux or;
- Level 3 Advanced Diploma or equivalent in ICT Systems Support
- Initial Assessment will be taken on enrolment
Monthly In-take – Classroom Based
Cost – £5,412 £4,900
8 – 12 Months – Part Time (Day, Evenings or Weekends)
This course may be funded through Advanced Learner Loans* – click here for more details
Additional support may be available for Travel / Childcare support subject to application approval.
*eligibility criteria applies