This programme is designed to progress and excel learners who work, or want to work in senior management, consultancy, integration or infrastructure design roles within the ICT and Telecommunications sector.
In this hands-on training programme, you will undertake a City & Guilds Level 4 Diploma for IT Professionals (Systems and Principles). Within the Level 4 Diploma you will also study vendor specializations embedded into various units.
You will specialist in Cloud Services Infrastructure and architecture on three major public and private cloud platforms available to businesses today – VMware (Server Virtualisation), Citrix (Application Virtualisation) and Hyper V (Server Virtualisation).
The course requires you to undertake the Cisco CCNP, and CCNA level knowledge is a perquisite. If you do not have the CCNA, or relevant work experience you will need to attend a CCNA class in addition.
This programme provides opportunities for research, analysis and original thought, helping learners to develop higher level skills for entry into Higher Education.
Upon successful completion of the Diploma, you will be able to sit vendor examinations.
- Project Management and consultancy skills
- Effective communication in business
- Systems design and development
- Personal and professional development
- Vendor specialization embedded into awarding body units;
- Cisco CCNP
- Citrix XenApp
- Vmware VCP
- Hyper-V: Private Cloud 2012
|City & Guilds||Level 4 Diploma for ICT Professionals – Systems and Principles|
|Plus 7 Vendor Certifications – Embedded within above Diploma;|
|642-902||Cisco CCNP – Route|
|642-813||Cisco CCNP – Switch|
|642-832||Cisco CCNP – TShoot|
|A20||Citrix CCA – XenApp 6.5 Administration|
|VCP5-DCV||VMware VCP 5.1 – Install, configure & Manage|
|70-246||Hyper-V – Private Cloud 2012 – Monitoring and Operating a Private Cloud with System Center 2012|
|70-247||Hyper-V – Private Cloud 2012 – Configuring and Deploying a Private Cloud with System Center 2012|
>One to One Support
>Practical hands-on lab facilities
>Flexible part-time classroom delivery (Day / Eve / Weekends)
- Senior Technical Support Engineer
- Virtualisation Consultant
- Private / Public Cloud Deployment Specialist
- VMware Infrastructure Administrator
- Citrix Application Virtualisation Administrator
- Microsoft Hyper-V Cloud Administrator
- VMware VCAP-DCA
- VMware VCAP-DCD
- Citrix CCAA
- Microsoft MCSE
- Higher Education
- Systems administration experience on Computer Networks, Windows, Linux, SAN Administration or;
- Level 3 Advanced Diploma or equivalent in ICT Systems Support
- Initial Assessment will be taken on enrolment
Monthly In-take – Classroom Based
Cost – £5,412 £4,900
8 – 12 Months – Part Time (Day, Evenings or Weekends)
This course may be funded through Advanced Learner Loans* – click here for more details
Additional support may be available for Travel / Childcare support subject to application approval.
*eligibility criteria applies