This programme is an excellent progression route from the Level 2 Diploma in Systems Support (PC Maintenance and Repair).
This programme is designed to progress and excel learners who work, or want to work in 2nd / 3rd line support, systems support, infrastructure deployment, configuration and support roles within the ICT and Telecommunications sector.
In this hands-on training programme, you will undertake a City & Guilds Level 3 Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles. Within the Level 3 Diploma you will also study vendor specializations embedded into various units.
You will specialise in Windows Server and storage deployment, configuration and support. This programme will ensure you have the practical skills and knowledge to deploy Windows Server 2012. You will further specialise in the mechanics of Storage Area Network Deployment and Configuration.
Upon successful completion of the Diploma, you will be able to sit vendor examinations.
- Customer Support Provision and Service Desk Operations
- ICT Systems Planning and Network Management
- Deploy, configure and upgrade advanced ICT applications
- Vendor specialization embedded into awarding body units;
- Microsoft MCSA: Windows Server 2012
- EMC – Information Storage Management Professional V2
|City & Guilds||Level 3 Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles|
|Plus 5 Vendor Certifications / Areas – Embedded within above Diploma;|
|70-410||Microsoft MCSA 2012: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012|
|70-411||Microsoft MCSA 2012: Administering Windows Server 2012|
|70-412||Microsoft MCSA 2012: Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services|
|E10-001||EMC – Information Storage and Management Professional|
>One to One Support
>Practical hands-on lab facilities
>Flexible part-time classroom delivery (Day / Eve / Weekends)
- Microsoft Virtualisation and Storage Engineer
- Windows Server Specialist
- 2nd / 3rd Line Support
- Microsoft MCSE: Windows Server 2012
- Netapp / EMC / HP / DELL Storage Server Specialisation
- Virtualisation – Public / Private Clouds – VMware / Citrix
- Further Education – Level 4
- Systems support experience on computer hardware and repair, 1st / 2nd line support of ICT infrastructures or;
- Level 2 Diploma (PC Maintenance and Repair) or equivalent in ICT Systems Support
- Initial Assessment will be taken on enrolment
Monthly In-take – Classroom Based
Cost – £4,125 £3,345
6 – 11 Months – Part Time (Day, Evenings or Weekends)
This course may be funded through Advanced Learner Loans* – click here for more details
Additional support may be available for Travel / Childcare support subject to application approval.
*eligibility criteria applies