Introduction to the Junos OS (IJOS)
This course provides students with the foundation knowledge required to work with the Junos operating system and to configure Junos devices.
The course provides a brief overview of the Junos device families and discusses the key architectural components of the software. Key topics include user interface options with a heavy focus on the command-line interface (CLI), configuration tasks typically associated with the initial setup of devices, interface configuration basics with configuration examples, secondary system configuration, and the basics of operational monitoring and maintenance of Junos devices.
Skills You Will Gain
• Describe the basic design architecture of the Junos OS.
• Identify and provide a brief overview of Junos devices.
• Navigate within the Junos CLI.
• Perform tasks within the CLI operational and configuration modes.
• Restore a Junos device to its factory-default state.
• Perform initial configuration tasks; Configure and monitor network interfaces.
• Describe user configuration and authentication options.
• Perform secondary config tasks for features/ services such as syslog & tracing, NTP, configuration archival & SNMP.
• Monitor basic operation for the JunosOS and devices.
• Identify & use network utilities.
• Upgrade the Junos OS.
• Perform file system maintenance and password recovery on a Junos device.
• Navigate within the Junos J-Web interface.
• Network Technician
• Support Engineer
• Network Administrator
• Network Specialist
• Network Engineer
• Basic networking knowledge and an understanding of the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) reference model and the TCP/IP protocol suite.
• No Exam